What MacGyver did:
Used duct tape to seal a hole in a hot air balloon, allowing him to escape his pursuers.
What you can do:
- Fix a slow-running toilet. Clear the clogged flush passage with wire, then empty the water tank and seal the passage hole with duct tape. Fill the tank with a quart of vinegar and leave overnight.
- Weatherproof windows. Use strips of duct tape to make windows air tight until you can fix or replace them.
- Make a temporary roof shingle. Wrap strips of duct tape across a ¼ inch thick piece of plywood cut to size.
- Tie off loose wires. Wrap small, thin strips of duct tape around exposed ends.
- Patch holes and tears in duct work, dryer vents, and a torn vacuum hose to temporarily seal leaks.