Need to file a complaint in Washington State? Need an issue resolved?
- Complaints regarding the real estate person or firm you are working with, file your complaint online with the Washington Department of Licensing Real Estate Division
- If your complaint concerns a commercial bank, mortgage broker, escrow agent, lending institution, you may want to file a complaint with the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
- Complaints regarding home insurance should be filed with the Office of the Insurance Commissioner
- General complaints and or for any illegal activity contact the Washington State Office of the Attorney General
Before filing a complaint:
Contact the designated broker or owner of the real estate firm or the manager of the financial institution you are dealing with. Give the “boss” a chance to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
Filing a complaint:
Most governmental agencies allow you to submit a complaint by mail, phone, or online. Be prepared with:
- Your contact information.
- The name, address, and contact information of the person or company you have an issue with.
- Is legal action pending?
- The nature of your complaint.
- What you think the business should do to resolve your complaint.